Ever since Kaeden was born, I haven't gotten sick often. Three times now that I remember. Besides the whole postpartum depression, which is a whole other basket of kittens all together (because that sounds cuter than "a barrel full of fish"). I don't get gently sick, or mildly sick, or sick and still able to operate at a mostly normal level. Oh no.
When I get sick, it's like the plague beast has smashed me over the head with his sick morning star, repeatedly, then kicked me in the ribs for good measure, and set tiny little fae of sickness loose in my blood. I got out of bed twice yesterday. Once, I made it to the couch, where I zoned out watching Grimm (filmed in Portland!) It was a brutal episode, and I wanted to vomit the whole time. Thankfully Kaeden is still oblivious to this sort of thing, but I'm wondering how long that will last.
I'm only wondering because I spent roughly 14 hours in bed yesterday, 2 hours on the couch, and I lost time while I was standing in the shower, or leaning actually. I felt better upon getting out of the shower for about 10 nanoseconds, then I wanted to puke/fall over/cry again. I was pretty much the most useless human being on the planet yesterday. At least vegetables employee hospice nurses. I didn't even pay my parents for their help with Kaeden.
Before I forget (like they would let me :P) I must mention how saint like my parents were yesterday. When I was too deep asleep in the sickness to wake up, they came and entertained Kaeden pretty much all day, making sure he ate, took his baby drugs (oh, I didn't mention that he had a fever and a stuffy achy head too? Yes!) and didn't kill himself. They are awesome like that. I'm pretty sure the awfulness of yesterday would only had been multiplied had it been just sick Kaeden and sick me. I know in my head that this will happen someday-we're moving out in June, after all-but for now I'm just thankful they were willing to step in without me having to ask.
Tristan also pulled through for me yesterday. The only upside to being sick (yes I still had to work) was how solicitous Tristan is when I'm sick. He cared for Kaeden even though he worked all day and had homework to do, he ran to the store again to get me ginger ale and bread, and he gave me a massage before I had to be back on the clock. Really, what more could I ask for?
Even now, my muscles are still shaky, when I swallow or cough I need to tip my head back so vomit doesn't come back up, and if I wasn't in a chair with arms I'm pretty sure I would have fallen over by now.
To make up for the general whineyness of the post, here are some cute, cute distracting pictures to hypnotize you! The rest of this post does not exist, only these pictures....
pictures....
pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment