Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The cuteness is back

The cuteness is back, in my vain attempt to distract from the fact I haven't updated in...actually I'm afraid to look. But that's okay, because it's going to get worse.  Before the cuteness begins, a few words: Yes, I have added that badge to the side: NaNoWriMo.
Why try to write a cohesive novel of 50000 words in a month? A month is which, if I am lucky, the bare minimum must happen:
  • I must fold and put away the giant fire breathing dragon (aka laundry pile) which is currently living in it's own zip code at the foot of our bed.
  • I must wash and fold and put away all future dragons/laundry piles. For some reason, Kaeden needs clean diapers, & Tristan needs clean clothes to go to work in. So much for being hippies, because I thought they ran around naked, or wearing leaves, which don't need to be washed, folded, or put away every week.
  • I must cook healthy, nutritious, baby friendly meals, then clean up those dishes.
  • I must work 40+ hours a week.
  • I must help Tristan figure out where we are going to be and do and how to get set up for our next two years in Oregon.
  • Eat. Shower. Sleep. Breath. Although maybe sleep should go under the optional category....
  • Etc. Etc.
Things that are optional, but hopefully will be done in the next month:
  • Accumulate necessary household goods, like dishes.
  • Move. (Need I really say more)
  • Maintain sanity (if it's not already too late)
  • Stop grinding my teeth pretty much all the time, or stock up on Advil. I feel a Costco run in my future.
So, in all that, yes I am going to try to fit in a cohesive 50000 word novel. Why deepen the crazy? Mostly so when December 1st rolls around, I can point to something I accomplished instead of to all the things I've yet to accomplish. Another bullet pointed list:
  • I/we have yet to move out of the shed. 'Nuff said.
  • I/we have yet to create a concrete, 2 year/set us up for the next bazillion year, move back to New England game plan. In other words, we are still the chickens with our heads cut off, wandering around wondering why it got so dark all of a sudden.
  • I have yet to own a dog. Of the real, furry, lay on your feet & fetch the ball kind.
  • Etc. etc.
On top of all that, I have given up all eating out on my own dime & all ice cream as my own personal two fold goal. This means no Pizza Hut (which is personal favorite of mine with online ordering) no Costco pizza, no Red Robin, no food cart ice cream ack! One reason is to finally start to try to go back to pre-Squidgelet weight (strength training, possible for the 5k Run for your lives, to begin soon as well) and to save up enough money to either buy a Cavalia ticket or a Nook Color. Which I want more remains to be seen.
I will try to keep updates going as I can on the novel, or at least cute pictures. I don't have an excerpt I care to share with the world yet, but here is a brief synopsis:
Girl raised by a international trucker & home schooled most of her life falls in love with horses. Dad settles down, somewhat, so his girl can become an Olympic level 3 day eventer. Girl becomes big name rider & trainer but nothing ever feels quite right. Girl meets guy who shows & works draft horses & discovers something new. 
If I can't touch a horse every day, or even once a week, at least I can immerse myself in writing about them for a solid month! So, no grouchies, just wish me luck & all will be revealed....December 1st!

This public service announcement brought to you by: Definitely mostly crazy, possibly fully crazy Jamethiel.
Back to the promised cuteness. 

This is right after I was trying to get Kaeden to bang on his piano. I was trying to show Mom how her dog Roofus sings when Kaeden plays (or bashes). Maybe the Husky blood, but I laugh every time. It gives Tristan a headache.

The Squidgelet is often very pleased with himself. We've (mostly) taught him to "Pat pat pat" Roofus & Butter, but he forgets sometimes. Mostly he will pat (or bang) and then grin up at the nearest adult all prideful...before trying to tug on an ear, a tail, or a wiener, thus required adult intervention.

One of the Squidgelet's  favorite toys is the 5 gallon water bottles. He will bang & talk at them for a whole 10 minutes at a time.

Helping Mom put away the groceries. This picture makes me cry or makes me grin, depending on my mood. Cry-it makes him look so old! What happened to my half purple faced newborn? What happened to this guy?


He is, of course, ever eager to help out. With everything. Here the Squidgelet is helping dad put water in the carpet cleaner, to clean up the entire cup of coffee he spilled all over the G-C's chair. "Of course I'll help clean up my own mess Da!"

The Squidgelet has also learned how to mug for the camera. His happiest, giggliest time of day is the bath, now that we have progressed from the sink to the tub. Our favorite thing to do in the tub is either stand up and slap our boy jiblits, or hold the handle to turn on the water and shriek at it loudly for several minutes. Maybe if he shrieks loud enough, the water will turn on...a theory of his proven nightly.


That's the latest update from the tiny yellow house folks. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Buh bye now! Ta-ta!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's kinda cool that I can see your house... I just wanted to make sure that you want your house location out there on the internet, and that it's not just an accident.

Can't wait to meet you in a few months! PS: Why aren't you my NaNoWriMo friend? Look up "Scarletjubilee" :)