Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

All the merry days of September

There's a bit of a challenge/group over on Blogher, something I've been paying more attention to recently. With all that's going on the world, from the big name crap-Ferguson, ISIS, Ukraine, Sudan-to the everyday grind of life, it's a call to focus on what healing & grace we can each reach for. 
Yesterday was one of those incredibly rare, nearly perfect days which come so rarely. Woke up as usual too early to let the poor, tortured, bursting bladder dogs out to the yard so they wouldn't die. Made smoothies for myself & the kid, he gobbled them right up. Loaded up the car, left the classic rock on for the dogs, & headed to Oaks Park for the local unions Labor Day picnic. 
We proceeded to have a blast. It was just...good. No blankie, no tantrums, no breakdowns, just happy, loud, well behaved, beautiful Wild Rumpus, living large. Thank you for a good day, kid. I love you.










Because I am Mom. 

No comments: