I do manage quite a lot in the normal course of things, though some weeks are more super powered than others. I’ve come to realize I like doing dishes, but I hate putting away laundry. Maybe because dirty dishes are right out in the open & attract bugs, whereas clean laundry in baskets can be shoved in my closet & nobody but me has to know (or just left on the couch growing eyes & glaring at the back of my neck).
But “getting things done” almost always falls by the wayside when Kade is in certain moods. When he’s not in the middle of the tantrum (which are only a few times a week, after all) he’s too cute & distracting for either of our goodness.
Case in point: I usually do a variety of things in the morning, from general pick up, dishes, packing lunch, exercising, dog care, showering. But last week the morning light has been gentle & soft, the rain making it just cozy but not cold as in winter, and Kade has been stupendously cuddly. So I make some tea with honey & we stay in bed, and Kade tells me the most fantastic stories, about what I have no clue, but he’s excited about all the crashes & bangs & fights & flights!
His Hot Wheels cars are his go to toys of choice & characters in his stories (our house is a minefield of millions of them). They zoom, race, fly, blast off to the moon in abundance. He carefully picks out one each morning to show off to his friends at school. I’m ditched most days with barely a kiss as soon as he sees them-“Look what I have, this is so cool guys!”

No comments:
Post a Comment