Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Let freedom neigh!

My mom is taking Kade to Cape Perpetua with her for an entire weekend’s camping trip. An entire weekend in which I only have to keep myself & potentially the dog alive. Dogs are easy, & I’ve been mostly taking care of myself for whole years now. Many years! I’m so giddy I can barely focus on work, even though now I actually have several medium sized projects to do on top of the daily mail & filing.

There’s so many kid free things I could do! I could completely deep clean both the house & the yard, finish some side projects I’ve been inching away at in between the normal work and household crud, drag all the dog bedding to a Laundromat. Or edit and add more to my neglected novel (NaNoWriMo is coming sooner than I thought!) Or just catch up with some quality Netflix & hammock time.

Or, as budget & time off allows, I could catch a ride over the mountains & crew for someone at an endurance ride in Sisters. I haven’t yet made it to one this year, either not being prepared, being broke, or bad timing (usually all three), & it’s been months, months, since I’ve had horse dirt under my nails. Deep cleaning the house can always wait (isn’t that something to do in the spring & the fall anyway?) I have a ride over the mountains so I don’t have to trust my car over the pass, I have enough sick time saved up to take some time off, and I should be dog free that weekend and so only have to focus on helping other people. And remember to eat.

Yeah...Sisters bound, here I come!



Because there is nothin' like ride camp!

No comments: