Usually when a crappy Monday dares rear it's ugly head, I annihilate it with a combination of steak, Wild Rumpus chasing & tickling, and physically putting one foot in front of the other at some speed (what most people call "jogging"). I go full steam ahead to combat the crappiness, and go to bed feeling like Tuesday won't be such a struggle.
Today wasn't all that bad. I got some accolades on a project I did at work, and no one bit my head off. I got all my work done & managed not to deliver a fax to the wrong person, so in the history of Mondays, it was just another day. But we'd had a busy, very social weekend, so I went into the day with less energy that normal. Payday is still a few days away, so I had to make due with what was in the house.
I have a magnetic knife rack above the stove now. I love Ikea, dangerous place though...
Thankfully, I keep a well stocked pantry & fridge, and managed to whip up one of my standby, I can make it in my sleep favorites: American Goulash. I mean, how hard is it to mess up ground beef, onion, corn, noodles, tomatoes, & some spices? Not even I can do that.
Paired with toast, a local white wine, and the inevitable My Little Pony on Netflix, the night repairs itself. Even if my laundry is taunting me from my drying rack, the dog didn't get walked because Kade's arm hurts & he flatly refused to get into the stroller, and there's a million dishes to be done....Besides, with enough wine the ponies are bearable, with a sweet clean toddler cuddled in my lap (Twilight Sparkle is hands down our favorite).
I love couch. So does everyone else in this house. Good thing it's a big couch.
I have a bunch of other posts I'm working on, but I'm slightly distracted tonight. I keep second guessing & going back to tweak & edit my other writings, not sure if they are ready to be set loose on the Internet yet. But it's all good. I'm such a lightweight these days. I only allow myself a glass a wine every week or so (ice cream and/or some sort of baked chocolate goody is my usual standby) because I have to be functional enough to call 911 if things get hinky (I haven't yet learned of a way to teach my foster boxers to perform this service).
That reminds me...I made Cauldron Cakes for a Harry Potter party this weekend (in which I contributed little beyond the dessert & the occasional comment, but at least I made the effort & it was nice to hang out with people who didn't give me a "huh?" look when I showed up in my Goodwill found shirt, "Also, I can kill you with my brain.")
Now for cupcakes, ice cream, and giving up on this Monday as the rain comes down softly (it's June, Portland, almost July. Really? Rain? Thanks for keeping that moss between my toes wet!)
Yeah, I agree Finn. Totally time for bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment