Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Around the corner

While I'm working towards several goals right now, a few of my life plans are on hold right now. Waiting to move, waiting for school to start or to hear back from different jobs, and waiting to hear what my new work schedule will be. Every day I make choices to keep to my meager budget, to cook healthy meals, to go for a walk instead of vegging in front of the TV, to actually put away the laundry instead of just glaring at it. Sometimes I fall or I decide to forget to vacuum or rely on a second cup of coffee to make up for going to bed late. On top of learning my new job and trying to be decent at it and not make any major mistakes, I'm trying to plan Kade's second birthday party. 



I am not a planner of parties. I'm good at organizing other things, but when it comes to parties or celebrations, forget about it. Probably relates to my bad planning and fear that no one will show up, so I don't plan well enough and people don't know what's going on so they don't show up...a vicious cycle.
But for the next decade or so, I don't have a choice. Birthday parties are fairly major things for kids, and this is my last year to fumble around and test things before Kade is aware of what a birthday party is. 
Of course, I have to let everyone know what is going on well in advance, but first I have to know what is going on...



Since I'm mostly working, sleeping, and waiting, I don't have much motivation to blog much. I've already turned into one of those people who like to talk about their kid all the time, though I've managed to keep fairly quiet about it at work. 
To catch up, Kade is now narrating most of his life. In the car, it's "Mommy driving! Mommy crash! Mommy go! Bus there! Car there!" I don't know where he gets to the crashing thing, though I'm pretty sure it's from watching youtube videos of demolition derbys, almost as much of a favorite as Thomas. Kade loves to stare at birds, of which we really only have gulls and crows left right now. He gets really insistent that I notice the birds, and that they are flying. He calls anything that flies besides birds, "Copters", no matter how many times I tell him some things are planes. He has no problem with demanding things, such as milk, cuddles, tickles, or to brush his teeth. Most of the time I at least ask for a please and thank you, and most of the time I get please, though thank you is still a stretch. 



Most nights before I turn off the lights, Kade and I engage in a giggle fit, tickling and chasing each other around the house and playing hide and go seek. This erases whatever sucked about the day or the stresses to come tomorrow, and most nights, barring stuffy noses or sore throats, we are both able to fall right to sleep. Cuddling with Kade on the couch, being silly and teaching him to bathe himself, and the nightly giggle fit are the best parts of my day, and help get me through and make the waiting more bearable. 


No comments: