I suppose that a lot of this blog's title will have the word "new" in them, because everything-literally, everything I can think of-about my son, & caring for him, is new to me.
Case in point-this time last year, before the 4 pregnancy tests (a whole long story right there) my mind was full of the following:
Mackinac Island (I was a carriage tour driver there last summer)
Recently being hand fasted to my partner, Tristan
Getting gradumacated from the little wonderful hippy school of Sterling in Vermont
Worrying about & learning everything about how to best care for these three blonde lugs (sorry, I meant the two with four legs)
If you had asked me a question on any topic containing horses, outdoor education, draft horse farming, Mackinac Island, or our two draft horses, Bobby & Tucker, I could have given you a very detailed, fairly well educated answer, such as why the Big Blondes were barefoot, why the Yankee D-ring harness is the best work harness invented, why cars were banned from Mackinac Island, the types of shoes work horses on Mackinac Island wear, and life in rural Vermont.
Now, all those opinions & facts & whatall have been driven right out of my head by this dude:
Now my head is full of opinions & facts & random knowledge about:
cloth diapers (a fan),
breastfeeding (a tried & eventually fail),
formula (Kaeden's stomach prefers Similac Fussiness, but we've tried several),
baby wearing (I love my Moby!)
and last for now, but probably the most controversial on this blog:
homebirth. Yes, I did say it. That, however, is a topic for a whole different post at a later date. For now, I must continue with my to-do list: feed the various boys in my charge (Kaeden, Tristan, dog Jake, two cats, & of course myself), visit the library, get a haircut (I have to get rid of the beautiful long hair that took me almost two years to grow out because Kaeden is now starting to grab everything), walk Jake the dog, & get ready for work tomorrow. But I will leave you with the Squidgelet in a good mood:


No comments:
Post a Comment